Megan Chalfant is an Indiana born artist, specializing in drawing, painting, and mixed media collage. She graduated with a BA in Fine Arts and French from Ball State University in 2016. Since graduation, she has worked pursued her craft while working various jobs and participating in volunteer experiences all around the country. In the fall of 2019 she took the leap into the world of self-employment and deeper commitment to her own work and studio practice.
Megan is passionate about the redemptive power of beauty and the amazing creative capacity of the human person. For her, as an artist of faith, to create art is to accept the mission to, “remind the world how beautiful it is.” She has read extensively on the theology of beauty and transcendentalism, as well as the importance of creativity as part of a whole and balanced lifestyle and interior life. This has lead to a deep desire to give her life to serve others in the mission of Beauty. Learn more…
Projects and Experiences
- Commissioned by local businesses, individuals, churches, media businesses, and non-profit organizations
- Creative consulting and collaboration for non-profit organizations on integrating art with their vision
- One-on-one creative mentorship with young artists and individuals
- Illustration work for a several self-published authors
- Collaboration with local media company Likable Art
- Artwork featured in the Winter 2019 issue of Ever Eden literary journal
- Private art lessons
- Accepted by the city of Muncie and the Muncie Fine Arts Council to participate in a city-wide mural project
- Participated in an art mission in New York City serving the poor alongside artist Erin McAtee
- Artwork featured at First Friday shows in Juneau, Alaska
Teaching community art classes at Color Wheel Arts in Juneau, Alaska
- Visiting artist speaker on art, creativity, and prayer
- Experience creating content for and leading retreats and missions
- Engaged public in conversation about beauty, faith, and creativity at public markets and other public spaces
Let’s create something together.
Part of Megan’s work lies in her mission to help others see and embrace their unique creativity and encourage them to use this identity to craft a life that is meaningful and fulfilled. This is is not a solo mission, but a dynamic and collaborative effort!
If you would like to learn more about how to support Megan in this mission, please reach out on the contact page…and stay tuned for exciting news!